Everything You Need to Know About Skin Tightening
With non-surgical skin tightening, cosmetic surgeons can effectively tighten moderately lax or “creepy” skin on the face, neck and body, helping patients noticeable improve their appearance and prolong the need for surgery.
Our expert staff has helped hundreds of clients using the best, non-invasive energy based procedures to turn back the hands of time.
Can Loose Skin Really Be Tightened Without Going Through Surgery?
It is absolutely possible to have loose skin tightened without the need of going through cosmetic surgery. Most patients will benefit noticeably from skin tightening. There are some patients that will have a more dramatic result if they were to have a facelift, but the majority of patients who have this type of procedure will be able to notice an immediate improvement after completing their first session. They will notice ongoing improvement as they continue coming back for their follow-up procedures.
Why You Should Consider Non-Surgical Skin Tightening for the Face & Neck
If because of aging or other reasons you have loose skin, then you may be wanting to have it tightened. You know that there is cosmetic surgery that’s available, but you may want to consider other procedures that are less invasive. Here are just a few of the benefits of skin tightening:
- Tightens mild to moderately loose skin on the face, neck or body without surgery or scars
- Treatments can be performed in-office, typically in 1 hour or less
- Many treatments can provide a noticeable “lifting” effect
- Little to no downtime is needed for recovery
- Very low risk of adverse effects when performed by a qualified provider, such as Azul Med Spa
- Results can last for up to 365 days
What To Expect After Completing Treatment
The good news is that results should be immediately visible. As the months go by and follow up procedures are performed, you will see an increase in collagen production and it will make a highly noticeable improvement over that time.
Depending on the individual, the skin that was treated may be slightly red and somewhat warm but this is a condition that will almost always resolve itself in just a few hours.
It is recommended that you protect the treated skin from the sun by using sunscreen. It is very rare that patients will experience any permanent side effects, but if you were to notice that the redness didn’t go away, then you should report that to the doctor.
As long as you take reasonable care of the skin after it is treated then you should find that any tenderness goes away quickly and the results of the procedure will be apparent.
Ultrasound Face & Neck Skin Tightening
Ultrasound technology has been used in medicine for many decades, and ultrasound skin tightening on the face and neck is safe and non-invasive. Our experts provide a treatment via a handheld device that emits focused ultrasound energy that heats skin at specific locations and depths, which induces collagen production thus helping the facial skin to become firmer for a fresher, younger look.
Things to Know About Ultrasound Face & Neck Skin Tightening:
- Best for patients who want to treat early signs of aging on the face and neck
- Treat the brow, chin, neck and chest
- Can help postpone need for facelift surgery
- Treatments take 30 to 90 minutes, with no downtime for recovery
- Side effects are typically mild and include temporary redness, bruising, and numbness
- Patients may experience temporary discomfort while the ultrasound energy is being delivered
- Results are seen within 2 to 3 months and can last up to 365 days with a good at-home skincare routine
Radiofrequency Skin Tightening
In contrast to ultrasound, radiofrequency (RF) focuses on the epidermal layers (the top layer of your skin) to achieve a firmer, smoother appearance. Radiofrequency skin tightening is a state-of-the-art, non-invasive technique that uses RF energy to penetrate your epidermis and heat up the collagen that resides in the dermis (the middle layer of your skin). Heating the collagen forces it to contract, which tightens and firms up your skin.
Warming the collagen also triggers a wound-healing response in your body that signals it to produce new collagen. These fresh, long strands of collagen create a stronger, tighter matrix that plumps up your skin. The RF treatment also stimulates the production of elastin and hyaluronic acid.
An RF skin-tightening session not only makes your skin look young, but it also stimulates it to act younger, too. Radiofrequency skin tightening can firm up your face, neck, arms, abdomen or other body parts.
Things to Know About RF Face & Neck Skin Tightening:
While you relax, an Azul Med Spa technician cleanses your skin and applies a numbing cream. The handheld RF device is gently applied to your skin so that it heats the dermis and contracts the collagen.
- Most RF-only treatments are safe for all skin types
- Clients typically achieve their desired results after four to six treatments once a week
- Treatments usually take 20-30 minutes for the face
- Touchups are advised every six months to 1 year
- FDA cleared options can treat the face, neck, hands and body
- Treatments can be performed in-office and typically involve little to no discomfort and require no downtime
- Some procedures are considered “subdermal” and require one very small incision using local anesthesia
- Results appear gradually over several months following treatment
Are There Any Risks or Side Effects?
If you have any health issues or skin disorders, you should get medical clearance from your health provider before undergoing RF skin tightening.
Healthy women and men of all ages and skin types can benefit from RF treatments.
Side effects are minimal to none. Although, you may feel a sensation of warmth during the procedure and/or have some temporary soreness, redness, or swelling that should resolve within hours or days. However, you can return to your daily routine right after your therapy.
Rewind the Hands of Time Today!
If you’re ready for tighter, firmer skin and a healthier, glowing appearance, then don’t hesitate to contact Azul Med Spa today. Call to schedule your initial consultation or book it online now.